Head of Government Affairs Norway
Do you want to shape our story with your personality, expertise and ambitions? At Hydro we are a global family of 30 000 people that extract, produce, shape and reuse the world’s most flexible and sustainable metal into infinite innovations and applications. Click here if you would like to read more about Hydro and our operations.
Government Affairs Manager – Temporary position
Communication & Public Affairs in Hydro is a world-wide organization located in Norway, Brussels, Germany, USA, and Brazil. The function is closely integrated with Hydro’s operations and businesses, with a total of approximately 50 people working in a broad range of fields within the communication and public affairs trade.
Due to paternity leave, we are now looking for Government Affairs manager to temporarily join the group Communication and Public Affairs team. As Government Affairs Manager, you will be responsible for Hydro’s strategic and tactical government affairs activities in Norway.
What we offer:
- Opportunity to be a key resource in one of the major industrial companies in Norway, with clear ambitions to take a leading role in the green industrial transition
- An international and dynamic work environment
- Potential career opportunity in Hydro after the end of the temporary engagement
Area of responsibility:
- Develop and execute government affairs strategy for Norway, in close cooperation with the relevant Business Areas and Group functions;
- Develop Hydro positions and policy requests;
- Implement strategic actions, follow-up of government bodies and political stakeholders in Norway to position Hydro and secure favorable, stable and predictable framework conditions for Hydro;
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with strategic political stakeholders and government officials, including regulatory agencies, public bodies, associations and institutions;
- Monitor and report regulatory- and policy development in Norway;
- Participate and represent Hydro’s interests in strategic industry associations.
Who are you:
- You are an experienced and agile person with passion for pro-active communication and/or government affairs activities
- You are a strong team-player with a strategic mindset, and with a strong ability to drive processes
- Others perceive you as open, collaborative, and trustworthy, and you communicate effectively with all levels of an organization.
- You stay calm and professional whilst working under pressure.
- Higher education in political science, finance, economics, law or international relations
- Passion for the Norwegian political- and social debate
- Strong commercial understanding, including good insight into the energy markets
- Strong IT skills (Microsoft office platform)
- Fluent in spoken and written English and Norwegian
Hydro is a global and dynamic company made up by ambitious and talented co-workers that challenge and reward each other. As our colleague, you will be given the opportunity and responsibility to develop your skills.
Hydro’s Communication & Public Affairs department is a diversified team, with a balance of experienced and young talents. You will join the unit in Oslo, which consists of 20 people.
Please enclose all relevant transcripts with your application (academic records/diplomas, certificates etc.). Only applications received through our online system will be considered, not via email. As part of our recruitment process, we use Semac for background checks.
Gustav Saastad, Head of Group Government Affairs
(Norway +47) 9510 9598
Marte Muri Soerensen
(Norway +47) 90948996